Associated Artists of Pittsburgh
100 43rd Street, Unit 102
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Exhibition Committee Information Session – January 2019
January 22, 2019, 6:00-7:30 pm
Ice House Studios Conference Room
Introductions. Meeting attended by: Madeline Gent, Dawn Henry, Jeff Jarzynka, Jeff Schwarz, William D. Wade, Ken Antol, Benjy Blanco, Zach Brown, Don Dugal, Peggi Habets, Reba Harmon, Deborah Holtschlag, Catherine Ryan, Samira Shaheen, Silvija Singh, and Sheila Swartz.
2018: Exhibitions Quick Review
Upcoming Exhibitions Quick Overview (schedule at end of document)
Expanding the Exhibition Committee
Jeff Jarzynka, Acting Chair
William D. Wade
Renew annually to remain on committee
3 year term limit
Up to 9 total committee members (as per bylaws)
Membership dues must be current
Actively engage in supporting exhibitions (attend exhibitions and network with other members of the arts community)
Attend bi-monthly meetings
Can not miss more than one meeting per calendar year
Volunteer to help with exhibitions with minimum of 4 hours per calendar year (events, install, drop offs, etc.)
Provide insight, experience, connections, etc. to exhibitions
Exhibition Committee Duties (in conjunction with AAP staff)
Maintain quality exhibitions
Discuss ways to improve exhibitions
Locate potential venues and attend site visits
Select jurors, curators and selection panels (screenings)
Create and follow budget, adapt as needed (budget model will be provided)
Plan calendar of events
Maintain transparency with board and membership
Present ideas to board
Remain open to discussion with members and their input on exhibitions
Community outreach and engagement
Because there is more interest than there are spaces to fill, we will be using a membership vote to determine the 6 committee members. It is asked that anyone interested in being on the committee would submit a brief statement that describes who they are, why they would like to be on the committee, what they would bring to the committee, etc
Third Tuesday of February, April, June, August, October, December
Next meeting scheduled for February 19, 2019
Meetings will be at Ice House Conference Room unless otherwise noted
· Seth LeDonne at Point Park University. Artist Talk, January 23, 2019. Closing mid-February 2019
· 2019 Emerging Curator Exhibition, May 2019. Juried & Curated by Vania Evangelique, AAP 2019 Emerging Curator.
· 2019 New Members Exhibition, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, Pittsburgh, PA, May 11–June 30, 2019.
· AAP Member Exhibition, Union Hall, Pittsburgh, PA, June-July 2019. Juried and Curated by Andrew Heffner (Bar Marco) and Emma Vescio.
· AAP Member Exhibition (A), Touchstone Center for Crafts, Farmington, PA. June 2-July 27, 2019. Juried and Curated by Lindsay Ketterer Gates, Director of Touchstone Center for Crafts, and Travis Winters.
· AAP Member Exhibition (B), Touchstone Center for Crafts, Farmington, PA. August 2-September 30, 2019. Juried and Curated by Lindsay Ketterer Gates, Director of Touchstone Center for Crafts, and Travis Winters.
· 107th Annual Exhibition, The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Greensburg, PA, November 9, 2019–Jan. 26, 2020. Juror and Curator TBD.
· AAP Member Exhibition, Kipp Gallery at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA. Jan. 21– Feb 14, 2020. Juror and Curator TBD.
· AAP Member Exhibition, Gallery at Brewhouse Association, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, April 2020. Juror & Curator TBD.
· 2020 Emerging Curator Exhibition, May 2020. Juror and Curator TBD.
· AAP Rotation @ Point Park University, Tomayko Gallery, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, PA, Ongoing.