Knox College Artist in Residence (Printmaker): (Due Sep. 30)
RESIDENCIES, WORKSHOPS, EXCHANGES
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE (PRINTMAKER)
Type: Residencies, Workshops, Exchanges [View all]
Posted by: Knox College
Deadline: Mon, September 30th, 2019
Position Title: Artist in Residence (Print maker) Location: Knox College
Position Type: Visiting Faculty Position apply.interfolio.com/63704 Position Description
The Knox College Department of Art and Art History is seeking applications from print makers to be Artist in Residence during Winter 2020. This teaching residency, supported by a grant from locally -based Blick Art Materials, has a three-fold purpose: to enrich the educational experience of students through exposure to perspectives and ways of working not represented by regular faculty or curricula. To involve/benefit the Galesburg community though collaborative projects, exhibits, or educational opportunities. And, for resident artists to develop and exhibit a body of work while in residence. Applicants should hold an MFA in printmaking or painting and be prepared to teach a course related to their creative practice. Artists with interest in engaging economically, culturally, and racially diverse communities through their work are encouraged to apply.
When: Winter 2020 (Jan 5- March 15)
Where: Knox College is located in Galesburg IL, a city of 32,000, located 200 miles SW of Chicago, approximately 3 hours by car or 2.5 hours by train. http://www.ci.galesburg.il.us/about/demographic/
Resident artists will be required to:
· Design and teach a course in an area of their expertise, meeting 2.5 hours two days per week, and should be available to students an additional 3-5 hours weekly.
· Spend a minimum of 5 days per week on site.
· Resident artist will produce a body of work or project to be exhibited during the final week of their residency.
· Resident artists will engage the Galesburg community in a collaborative or community- based project or events.
· Resident artists will donate a work to Knox College.
Benefits to the artist:
· Paid residency (salary upon request).
· Accommodation and studio space provided.
· A stimulating and diverse creative community.
· Teaching experience in a vibrant art program within a liberal arts college.
· Availability of materials through local Blick warehouse/discount store.
· Studio and gallery space in The Box, an alternative space in downtown Galesburg.
· Solo exhibit and/or collaborative project.
Knox College particularly welcomes applicants from under-represented groups. Full consideration will be given to applications received by September 15, 2019. Later applications may be held for future consideration and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants should hold an MFA in printmaking or painting and be prepared to teach a course related to their creative practice. Artists with interest in engaging economically, culturally, and racially diverse communities through their work are encouraged to apply.
For full consideration, candidates should submit, via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/63704
Applications should include:
· Website link or 15 jpegs minimum.
· Letter of interest describing relevant experience and motivation for applying.
· Draft proposal for a community engagement project or event.
· Draft proposal for a class (possibly collaborating in community-based project)
· Contact info for two references.
Notice of Non -Discrimination
Knox College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religion or religious affiliation, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in admission, financial aid, employment, athletics, or any other aspect of its educational programs or activities.
Any inquiries regarding Title IX or the College’s policies that prohibit discrimination should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.