One-Year Salaried Artist Residency in Ceramics/Sculpture: (Due July 1)
The Department of Art at Elon University is pleased to invite applications for a one-year salaried artist residency to begin Fall 2019. This residency is limited to those who have received their MFA since 2015. This Post-MFA position is designed to support academic diversity and the development of early-career scholars who show promise of distinguished research and teaching careers. This Fellowship includes a $28,000.00 stipend, benefits, a private studio space, clay and glazes for their own research, open-access to a full ceramic studio, access to a maker-space, and concludes with a one-person exhibition and public presentation in the University gallery.
The Fellow will be required to create an individual research agenda that is developed and executed during their time in residence, maintain a high visible presence in the department studios, offer multiple brownbag conversations surrounding their research, and engage in the senior thesis critiques. The Fellow will teach one multi-level ceramics course in the Fall, one multi-level ceramics course in the Spring, and a special topics course related to their research specialty for the 3.5-week Winter semester. Additional responsibilities will include running/managing the ceramic studio and offering one workshop surrounding their research area per semester.
1. 3-D FOUNDATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates with a ceramic focus to promote essential visual, creative, cultural and design literacies through disciplined studio and research practices, intellectual challenge, and interdisciplinary exchange.
2. Expertise in three-dimensional fabrication (according to specialty),
3. Experience in maintaining a large ceramic studio with gas and electric kilns.
4. Emerging record of scholarly/creative productivity appropriate to teaching at the college level.
5. Experience and desire to teach and mentor students.
6. Knowledge and experience of new design technologies such as digital fabrication, virtual reality, or other emerging technologies is considered beneficial.
Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover Letter
3. Academic transcript (unofficial is acceptable, official will be required for hire)
4. Personal Statement - A two-page description of the candidate’s current and future research plans, teaching experience and philosophy
5. Include link of online portfolio of personal work, and student work (if available)
6. Three professional references who may be contacted for letters of recommendation
Elon University is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.
Posted on Wed, May 22nd, 2019
Expires on Mon, July 1st, 2019