Morris Graves Museum of Art: Exhibition Proposals: (Due Dec. 31)
EXHIBITION PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
An Exhibition Selection Committee meets once a year to review the proposals that have been received and which adhere to the evaluation criteria and artist responsibilities outlined below. The committee will review proposals for the 2020 and 2021 exhibition calendars.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION: The Exhibition Selection Committee will evaluate exhibition proposals from artists or groups of artists based on the following criteria:
1. Diversity: The proposal is a reflection of current multicultural and diverse art and art-making strategies that exist today.
2. Professionalism: The artist(s) are professionals whose resume reflects exhibitions and other professional activities on a regional, national or international level.
3. Innovation: The proposal makes innovative use of concepts, materials, themes and space.
4. Community Engagement: Special consideration will be given to proposals that promote community engagement through interactive or educational activities associated with the exhibition.
5. Contemporary and Historical Relevance: The proposal demonstrates an awareness of contemporary and historical art movements and challenges an audience’s perception of "What is art?".
Please visit www.humboldtarts.org for more information on submitting exhibition proposals. Questions? Please contact Jemima Harr, email@example.com