The Big Painting Show: (Due: July 1)
The Big Painting Show
July 17 - August 10
July 20, 5:00 - 7:00pm
Large Scale refers to a size of an object in relation to another and is one of the principles of organizing structural elements in art and design. Often “large scale” in art refers to the size of a work in relationship to the human body. The Big Painting Show invites artists who work large-scale to submit works with a minimum size 30" by 30" not inclusive of frame.
This is a juried art show with cash prizes!
Donna Kessinger, Executive Director of Monmouth Museum. Donna Kessinger is a working artist and Curator at ChaShaMa's only New Jersey arts location. As an Adjunct Professor of Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky, online program, she has provided emerging artists and arts administrators guidance and encouragement. She served as the Installations Coordinator of the first Greater New York Show/Warm Up Party at PS1 Contemporary Art Center+ MoMA. She produced the Collaborative Arts Projects (CAP), Emerging Artist Residency Program at the Bronx Museum of Art, managed Curatorial, Education and Public Programs for Aljira, a Space for Contemporary Art and is the new Executive Director at the Monmouth Museum.t.
Exhibit Dates: July 17 - August 10
Digital Submissions Due: July 1, @ 11:59pm
Accepted Artwork will be posted: July 9
Artwork Drop off: July 14, 10:00am - 1:00pm
Opening Reception: July 20, 5:00 - 7:00pm
Artists Talk: July 25, 7:00 - 8:30pm
Artwork Pick up: August 11, 10:00am - 1:00pm
The Big Painting Show Committee Chair: Sandy Taylor
This year’s “THE BIG PAINTING SHOW” will recognize painters who express their vision through the unique challenges of working large-scale to submit works of art within the following guidelines:
• Open to artists of all ages
• All artwork must be 2-D and wall-hang-able.
· Open to any paint mediums – acrylic, oil, watercolor, or any combination of paint mediums
All art work must have a minimum size of 30" by 30" not inclusive of frame. Additional framing is not necessary. Work must be display ready; properly wired and presented for hanging and display. Saw-tooth hangers are not acceptable.
• All submissions are required to include a brief (50 words or less) artist statement about the intention in creating the work and the process used to create them.
• All artwork must be for sale.
• All artwork entered must be original creations by the artist, completed within the past three years, and not in violation of copyright or trademark protections from any other artist.
• Entry into this exhibit is not guaranteed, and no more than two pieces from any one artist will be accepted in the jurying process. If your work is accepted for display in this exhibit and the work you deliver is not true to your digital submission or is below BAC professional standards, or is not display ready, then the committee has the right to deny the submission with no refunds.
• Fill out the entry form below and submit a clear image for each entry. The image can be a jpeg, png, or tiff. To resize your image, open it in an image processing program and change the dimensions to between 800–1200 pixels on the largest side. Do NOT submit thumbnails (less than 800×800 pixels). Change the resolution to 72dpi. Make sure the resulting file size is less than 1mb.
• NAME YOUR IMAGE THIS WAY (PLEASE): Name your image file BEFORE you upload it to the entry form using this format:
• Do not add any other information to your image name.
• BAC members: $30 for first entry and $15 for each additional entry
• Non-members: $35 for first entry and $20 for each additional entry
• Membership may be purchased or renewed at checkout. All show entry fees are non-refundable and payment must be received before your entry is processed.
• Your work must be hand-delivered to the BAC, 608 River Rd, Belmar, NJ 07719. The BAC is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
• Your art work must be wired for hanging: no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string, or tape are permitted.
• A 25 lb. maximum weight (including hardware) No glass framing will be accepted.
Sales and Commission:
Art sold is subject to a 25% commission fee for members and 40% for non-members. Sales tax will be added to the price of work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by BAC. All artists with sales commissions of $600 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax ID# to Belmar Arts. A 1099-MISC for taxable income will be issued by Belmar Arts for sales commissions of $600 or higher. Commissions are paid at the close of the show.
BAC will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. BAC and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
BAC reserves the right to use digital images of exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of promotion of this exhibit and BAC on social media, websites, and advertising.
Late Pick-up Penalty: If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for someone else to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the BAC and will be sold to benefit the BAC.
Questions: Please contact BAC at email@example.com