The Met Design Contest: (Due. June 13)
Celebrate The Met’s 150th anniversary by entering our design contest. Winners receive a cash prize of $1,000, and their designs will be developed into Met Store products that will launch in April 2020.
Browse thousands of artworks spanning 5,000 years in The Met’s Open Access collection to find one or more that inspires your original design. For more guidance, visit The Met Store to see how professional designers interpret The Met collection in innovative ways for everyday products.
Create and Share
Create an original design in any medium you choose. Then upload a JPG or PNG file showcasing your sketch, painting, sculpture, pattern, photograph, product design, or any other two- or three-dimensional medium that you prefer.
Here's How It Works
1. The Met150 Design Contest consists of three categories:
(1) adults ages 18 years and older;
(2) teens ages 13-17; and
(3) kids ages 6-12.
2. From April 12, 2019, through June 13, 2019, we will be accepting entries for all three age categories via The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s website at https://metmuseum.org/150/contest.
3. Entries must include a completed Certificate of Eligibility and Publicity Release at the time of submission. In the event of a failure to submit the Certificate of Eligibility and Publicity Release in a timely manner, the Museum may reject an entry. For finalists under age 18, the Certificate of Eligibility and Publicity Release must be completed by a parent or legal guardian.
4. At the close of the submission period, all entries will be published to the Museum’s website, and the public will be invited to vote for their favorites. Votes will be accepted from June 14, 2019, through August 12, 2019. Limit one vote per entry per person. The 10 submissions with the most votes in each age category will be named as finalists.
5. Around August 13, 2019, a selection of 30 finalists (10 finalists in each age category) will be announced on the Museum’s website. Finalists will be notified by email at the address provided on the Entry Form.
6. All 30 finalist submissions will be reviewed by a celebrity judging panel and judged based on originality and creative merit. Around September 9, 2019, the six winning designs (two winners in each age category) will be announced on the Museum’s website and social media accounts as determined by the panel of judges. Winners will be notified by email at the address provided on the Entry Form.
7. Around April 13, 2020, The Met Store will release products inspired by the six winning designs.